Caliente Greyhound Racing

History of Caliente Greyhound Racing

Caliente organized its first race track in 1927, in an area where the majestic Casino of Agua Caliente now stands. Caliente Race Track served as a meeting place of politicians, nobles, theater and international actors.

In 1929, the Caliente Racetrack was transferred, to the southeast side of Tijuana, Mexico, where it was re-inaugurated with a splendid and magnificent wooden building.

In 1947, Caliente built an excellent greyhound racing track at the infield of the horse race track.

Greyhound racing was introduced to Mexico through Caliente Greyhound Racing. American breeders brought their best greyhounds to compete at Caliente, notably the celebrated Indy Ann and O All's Doug, winners of 137 and 128 careers, respectively.

In 1971, a fire destroyed the beautiful building of the greyhound racing track. But Caliente rose from ashes and, hardly one month after the catastrophe, re-opened the track.

Getting to Caliente Greyhound Racing

Caliente Greyhound Racing is located in the city of Tijuana, inside the famous Caliente Racetrack, at Boulevard Agua Caliente 12027, Tijuana, B. C., Mexico.

Caliente Greyhound Racing map